- Are Your Deposits Covered?
- How and Where to Save: Our Latest Tips
- Wheels and Deals: Finding an Auto Loan That’s Good to Go
- When Telemarketer Calls Don’t Ring True
- Buying or Refinancing a Home?
- Taking Your Money on a Trip: Safe Travels Financially
- Guard Your Identity, Resources in 2015
- Your Savings Plan: Balancing Long- and Short-Term Goals
- How Long to Keep Financial Records?
- Go Local!
Tag Archives: scams
There are federal rules that prohibit a variety of unfair or deceptive advertising practices, and enable consumers to stop most telemarketer calls by placing their personal phone and cell numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry (www.donotcall.gov). The Federal Trade Commission … Continue reading
Midwesterners, Wisconsinites in particular, are often friendly, trusting, and willing to help a stranger. But sometimes such laudable traits can backfire. Before you respond to a promotion or a plea for help, ask about documentation and security safeguards. A few … Continue reading
There has been a lot of talk in the news recently about the Heartbleed Bug. Union State Bank has NOT been affected by the security issues associated with Heartbleed. Therefore, your user id and password are still secure. You should watch … Continue reading
The news often includes reports about thieves gaining access to sensitive personal information that can be used to commit fraud or steal money, sometimes involving major security breaches at large companies such as retailers. “These reports may cause some consumers … Continue reading