America Saves Week is February 25 – March 2, 2013. This week is a perfect opportunity for individuals to assess their own saving status and take financial action. Studies reveal that having a savings plan with specific goals can have beneficial financial effects, even for lower-income families.
Here are 5 easy ways to get involved in America Saves Week:
- Take the America Saves Pledge-Those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save for emergencies and retirement than those without a plan. Join over 310,000 people who have already committed to save. Pledge or re-pledge today! http://americasavesweek.org/how-can-individuals-participate-2/pledge-to-save
- Share Your Savings Goal-People save more successfully when they have a goal in mind. That’s why we’ve created posters so you can put your savings goal into perspective and share it. http://americasavesweek.org/index.php/how-can-individuals-participate-2/picture-your-savings-goal
- Assess Your Savings-Find out if you are saving in all the right places with this 12 step savings assessment. http://americasavesweek.org/index.php/how-can-individuals-participate-2/assess-your-savings-progress
- Test Your Savings Knowledge-Take this savings quiz to reveal how much you understand about the realities of savings in America. http://americasavesweek.org/index.php/how-can-individuals-participate-2/test-your-savings-knowledge
- Share Savings Tips and Advice with Family and Friends-On Twitter and Facebook? Let your friends and family know how you are saving more and encourage them to save as well!
America Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Depositing your money in an FDIC insured institution is a smart way to save for unexpected expenses and for retirement.
Next week, Union State Bank will post a tip everyday to help you reach your financial goal.